I outline how to build a simple batch action to clean up large quantities of ArcMap’s own brand of Illustrator file. Typically, ArcMap includes a thousand clipping paths and totally destroys curved text paths. Lets clean that mess up to give us a fresh start in Adobe Illustrator.
In this movie, I cover:
- Proper resolution settings for Illustrator export (yes, it makes a difference!)
- Understanding Postscript vs. PDF based Illustrator files
- Getting rid of Clipping Path madness
- Recording repeatable cleanup steps in Actions
- Mass delete clipping masks! Split apart compound paths! Effortlessly!
- Fixing funky curved text paths
- Save time by batch processing tons and tons of files through the steps of an Action
Jump over to Vimeo to view the movie in 720p HD